Monday, September 1, 2008

This Weekend

This has been a really eventful weekend.

It started off on Saturday, where I met a friend from work for breakfast at Tom Phat, this wonderful little fusion cafe just minutes away from where I live. She showed me pictures from her trip to Kokoda , which is in Papua New Guinea, and is really an important landmark to the Australians here. It was a whole different world, far removed from the comforts of modern day society and the need for money.

I spent the afternoon mulling over a replacement phone and finally decided on this one.



The new Nokia N95 8GB. Looks like a camera, functions really well as one too. And not a bad media player. I'm still learning new things about the phone, but I'll just say that I'm moderately happy at this moment. I didn't get the iPhone because it would be locked to Telstra, and I don't think that I would have been able to use it back home in Malaysia.

I joined some long lost IMU juniors in I.H. on Saturday. Sad to say, I was the oldest there, and it is getting more and more obvious that someone is getting old. *erhemm*. The night itself was fun (we had a steamboat dinner, which was just perfect) but towards the end of the night, they were like, "Batch photo!" and I was the only one from my batch there. *sniff* *sniff* *tear falls over a wrinkled eye*

Sunday morning was church for me, and it was a good opportunity to catch up with a few church friends. But the highlight of the weekend must have been Sunday night, where we did this:

Stood around and did nothing.

No... it was a really interesting murder mystery night organised by one of my friends here. Given, it was a very Western concept (I can't imagine hosting one like this for friends) but it was really interesting.

We were faxed details about a week ago about the whole scenario - we would be role playing characters trapped in a ski lodge because were snowed in. A death has happened in the lodge, and we had to find out who was the murderer.

We each had information of our own, and special abilities to be used, and there were many other mini-stories to be unravelled as the night wore on. It was a really unique experience, and we had the most amazing home made pizzas as well... which was actually worked into the play, so it was altogether a really interesting night!
It was Colonel Mustard in the living room with the candlestick.
The aftermath. They served up killer (pun badly intended) homemade pizzas and we had really yummy cheesecake after.

No comments: