Saturday, May 10, 2008

Da(ys)ze Off

Robert Burns Hotel's Spanish spread. So good you can eat the picture.
Picture taken from theage.com.au

Melbourne is truly multicultural, and with it comes the benefits of being in a multicultural society, which when summarised into that one glorious word is food. You can find foods from all nations here, but most pervasive is the Greek, Italian, Middle Eastern, Thai and other Asian cuisines.

So it was a wonderful surprise to actually find good Spanish seafood, which is near impossible to find, in my humble opinion, and we celebrated our housemate's birthday at the most excellent RobertBurns'Hotel in Collingwood. You need to order the seafood in Spanish sauce (I can't pronounce the name here) - but bring along four or five hungry people to eat it, because it will fill you!

Pay attention - ignore the paella and go straight to the seafood in Spanish sauce! If it comes out to you in a big white bowl that looks like a clam and it looks so big you could put a baby comfortably inside, then you've ordered the right thing!

---------

I think that if it were not the because of the reprieve of friends who take the time to meet up with you and reluctantly share their secretstories with you over excellent lunch, these four days would have been spent cooped up at home trapped in the prison that is my room.

Thank you gnod, for an excellent lunch, and for the secretsurprise gift that I couldn't see coming. I will need to work on my female intuition more.

---------
P.S. Krys, I'm sorry in advance. Really.

No comments: