Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Up Under: Four Days In Sydney

day 2

something krispy

I woke up the next morning refreshed and got ready to see a friend I haven't seen in a long time. For privacy reasons, I will just call her Nicole. (Oops).

If you look in the dictionary under then word camwhore, ie. someone who is a slave to the camera, you will see Nicole's face next to it. She has the most amazing photo-edited blog of which 98% of the photos have her face in it! Hahaha! (Sorry, Nicole).

But Nicole played a wonderful host and we met that morning at Central train station. Central train station was beautiful - it still carried the architecture of colonial times - tiled floors with wide open spaces, high arched ceilings with intricately carved supports, random benches, and traditionally - a Krispy Kreme outlet. I insisted on having a donut at Krispy Kreme in Sydney, although goodness knows they've opened many outlets in the last 2 years in Melbourne!

(the calories don't count when you're on holidays. Trust me, I'm a doctor.)

something fishy

We took a train to the famous Sydney Fish Market, and Nicole insisted that there would be no smell - otherwise I also wouldn't go there la - in the fish market. It was quite a revelation - you could get fresh seafood to bring home, but the thing to do there was to have them cook it for you.
We ordered a seafood platter which consisted of a variety of oysters, scallops, fish, prawns and other treasures of the sea (ie. french fries). It was a really yummy breakfast, supplemented with aloe vera juice (good choice Nicole!).

You had the option of eating outside, by the sea, but we decided to eat inside, because if you ate outside, you would have had to share your meal with the seagulls, whether you liked it or not.

I'm beside myself with excitement.

Sea food about five seconds before you gobble down food.

P.S. 500 views! Woot! 450 views from me! Woot! Woot!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Correction please....my blog does not have 98% me in it...is merely 90%!!! although I admit I photoshop my pics and not anyone elses!! haha...and you didn't smell like fish what!!!! what la you!! :)