Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Evidence That I Have Cool Friends!

When I was in Sydney, and was going around with Nicole (see Up Under: Four Days in Sydney) we chanced upon a lady selling these mini cupcakes at the (rip-off tourist along this dotted line, please) price of $1 per mini cupcake!

Being the gullible person that I am, I bought five home for little M (which she thoroughly enjoyed - See? I spoil the women in my life! Hahahaha!)

They were cute mini cupcakes - with either colourful sprinkles on them, or a Smarties, or a tiny marshmallow adorning the top.

It was then when my friend Nicole decided that she could do as well as this lady, if not better! Nicole promised that she would set aside a weekend to make a hundred minicupcakes as her next 'project'!

I didn't think it would come true - until I saw this on her blog today!

Martha Stewart has got nothin' on these ladies!

Amazing! Hahaha! Please click on the picture to marvel at not one hundred, but 231 mini cupcakes! With way cooler toppings than that cupcake lady had in Manly! Check out the Malaysian flag, and marvel at the cupcake faces! And the cupcakes spelling out her blog name! See if you can spot the 'FCUK' one!

Congratulations again to Nicole, her little brother and her friend Heidi for a weekend well spent!And if I do the calculations correctly: 231 cupcakes x $1 = $Cha-ching!$

3 comments:

Nicole said...

you underestimated me didn't you???? i told you I would make 100...i was just very occupied with other things...muahahha 231....I really need to estimate better..haha wah and put my pic up on your blog...thanks men!! haha

mellowdramatic said...

231! I think if you put your mind to it, you can enter some kind of Guinness World Record Book! (Wouldn't that look good on your resume!)

Nicole said...

hmm i did thought of that guiness world record book thing...prob was i had no FREE time to go check out what was the record..you want to check it for me???