Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Last Christmas

So if you've noticed... I'm back! (Almost, sort of, kinda, maybe.)

I am writing to you from my new baby - a laptop that I got from the Boxing Day Sales right before work! I went in to only browse, but a few hours later (and one incredulous salesperson who joked that I had spent more time in the shop than him) I finally settled on this one.

Too bad I can't show you any pictures yet, as I'll need my brother to return from Malaysia with my Nokia handphone CD.

This laptop was actually sitting in my car for nine hours sunning itself, because I had to go straight to work from the shops! It survived the sunbathing experience however, and I'm finally online now after figuring out how to access the router that my previous housemate had so secretly encoded until even we couldn't get in!

It was a good Christmas this year - got to see the decorated houses on the Boulevard finally (more on this in another post when I can finally put up pictures!) and also had a good Christmas dinner with the church. And then my good friend Fi from Sydney came down to visit and we had a great time catching up.

And then I saw The One.

And then she left, never to be seen again.

-------------------------------------------

I could have met you in a sandbox,
I could have passed you on a sidewalk,
Could I have missed my chance,
And watched you walk away?"

John Mayer, Love Song For No One

4 comments:

Nicole said...

wooo who is the oen??? i'm always pat...

Anonymous said...

woah i'm ubercurious now!

mellowdramatic said...

Haha, those last lines were just meant to generate conversation when we meet up.

Your royal pat-ness will have to endure the curiosity!

Nicole said...

what?! darn..this is no fun at all!