Sunday, December 14, 2008

Home. Sick.

This first week of return back to Melbourne has been a difficult one, but I think I am getting the hang of it once again.

Two weeks back home is just about the right amount of time, I have decided. Once you spend three weeks, a certain inertia will creep in, and one is guaranteed to develop homesickness as well.

This sickness has translated into actual physical sickness this week, when I had to take a day off work to attempt (unsuccessfully) to recover from a head cold. It always seems to hit me this time of the year, for some reason. But now, finally, I am rested enough to have returned to some semblance of health.

Christmas and the New Year fast approaches, and it is time once again to say "How time has flown, man! I remember this time last year...", reminiscence, regret and thanksgiving all rolled into one.

I have just sent my brother and his girlfriend to the airport yesterday to take the same journey that I happily took one month ago, and in my current state, a part of me just wanted to creep into their suitcases and take that journey home with them.

Melbourne is really quiet this time of the year, and come next week, when all the pre-Christmas sloth develops into a full blown two week hibernation, it will be quieter still.

4 comments:

pandamonium said...

I miss you heaps too, bro...

Just a lil more awimming, and you'll be able to fit into that suitcase... Or you'll even be able to swim back home!

Hee hee...
Hurry by, months, so I can finish fast and go over there have fun with you guys!

Anonymous said...

fortunately.. we're due for a catch up!! am working 'normal people hours' ie day job and NOT WORKING WEEKENDS =)

mellowdramatic said...

GCLK - It won't be long now, little sis... The months will whizz by, and you'll be here before you know it! Yay!

PK - Haha! I see I have a fellow sufferer too, also! How on earth did you score "normal people hours" and no weekends! That's not fair! Be in touch soon!

LiveByFaith79 said...

Hk, Missing u heaps la... we had really really black Hokkien nudles near ur place (really black is also due to lack of lights). Love the gentle breeze in the evening. :)
Afta that we went for 007. my my my, I'm so glad we only spent RM10 to wash this movie and not AUD11. Both of us rated this movie a mere 6/10.
During the day, we went out with ur mom. Walked the whole day in Sungei Wang (our kwai loh pronunciation => Sun Gay Weng) akakaka..

We beback soon.. don't worry..:) u take care k..:)

Lov,
dory