Thursday, April 8, 2010

Flipping Your First Digit Part 2

2) Lunch and A Very Surprising Gift

After the spa, K joined me again, and we were both beaming - me, radiating with my post-spa glow, and K, glad to join me again after two hours.

We walked along the beach and then made our way to Donovan's where we had a really yummy lunch.

We decided that seafood was the theme of the day, so we had oysters, crab bisque (an atas way of saying soup), prawns and barramundi fillets (an atas way of saying Filet-O'-Fish).























We then went home to get some rest, and this was where Karen surprised me with this:








Surprise! Mum, if you're reading this, congratulations!


Okay, okay - as you can see, thirty years body does not equal a thirty years brain.
















Eat your heart out, JK Rowling.


Karen actually took excerpts from my blog and she's making it into a book! How cool is that, eh? Soon you will be able to see my book on all the bookshelves and there will be book signings, of course, and it will be made into a huge motion picture starring my major movie-lookalike:










The resemblance is uncanny.  

But in all seriousness, I really appreciate the time and effort that Karen has taken to make something really meaningful for me, making a lifelong wish come true. This is how thoughtful and special Karen is, and I love her for that.

All this, and still, nothing prepared me for the night.

2 comments:

AnthonyLKK said...

LOL took me a min or two to figure wtf is atas, in italic lol

mellowdramatic said...

Haha! Yeah... it's a very Singaporean term, actually - meaning "high class" (or "high crass" as Karen likes to say).