Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Tiny Bit Of This, A Little Dash of That



She sat across from me, her impish grin broadening and gleaming eyes reminiscent of the little girl.

Masak-masak


So I was maybe like five years old, right? And my mum wouldn't let me into the kitchen, but I would watch her from afar, my eyes reflecting the fire of the stove as I watched in wide-eyed wonder at how Mummy was so good at cooking.

I decided to try it myself one day - Mum and Dad were both out at work, and the nanny wouldn't come until about ten a.m.

And so I spotted my chance - I knew exactly what I wanted to cook, and so my tiny little feet hurried to the aquarium.

I thought Dad wouldn't notice one missing goldfish.

I made a mistake of choosing the most obvious goldfish - the big one that Dad affectionately calls Goldie. What do you mean, why Goldie? He was the easiest to catch, what!

And so I turned on the fire on the stove, and carried the heavy frying pan with both my tiny hands and plopped it onto the fire. Just like how I saw mum do.

But you know what? I forgot to add oil, so Goldie started sticking to the pan.

(hK's note: At this point, I don't think a lack of oil was her greatest problem. You know.)

Suddenly my nanny walked in and her eyes bulged in horror as she flailed her pointing finger at me and screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!".

She was very good, my nanny, and she cleaned up all the evidence of Goldie's Death-By-Frying-Pan.

Dad actually noticed Goldie was missing and he was really upset but he never really found out what happened to her.

Then there was this other time the same year when I was trying to fry fruits, right...

11 comments:

AnthonyLKK said...

OMFG..........tell me thats a story u made up!!!

mellowdramatic said...

Nope... I have a friend... Great stories eh? It doesn't stop there! I will write about the rest another time! :)

K said...

Beebee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You FRIED Goldie!!!!! Alright, you're cooking dinner from now on... with OIL!

K said...

Oooops! Sorry beebee! It wasn't you! Hehehehehe!

mellowdramatic said...

Dear beebee, there is no need for oil. I just turn up the temperature of the "aquarium" to boiling point.

Instant fish soup! Hahaha!

LiveByFaith79 said...

OMG!!!! What Da.... pip!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA MUHAHAHAHAHAH MUHAHAHAHH ... how come no one tell me before...

Thank GOD we have KAREN TO COOK FOR YOU NOW!!!!

hahahhaha...... what happen to the fruit? become deep fried fruit?

hahhahahh *can't stop laughing*

mellowdramatic said...

Doreen! - Goodness! Never see you laugh like that before!

As much as I would love to claim the story for myself, it actually belongs to a good friend of mine whom I have recently caught up with and this hilarious story is hers!

Naughty, right!

LiveByFaith79 said...

ur browther read dy.. he laughed out LOUD too..:) hehehee...

AnthonyLKK said...

Heng Khuen you need to facebook!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Heard from a little birdie you went away for a year! So good to see u r well! I love ur writings!
xoxo
Zin!

mellowdramatic said...

Zinny! Goodness - I have been trying to be in touch with you several times last year - unsure if your number actually works anymore!

Happy New Year! And thanks for reading! We need to catch up!