Monday, October 13, 2008

Tonight You Belong To Me

I stumbled upon this song (more about that later) while surfing through Youtube. The little ginger-haired girl is cuteness personified, and with such a cool sensitive older brother! This song was written in the 1920s, and there is that feel about it - cleverly written for a duet, and with cute lyrics!

Having scrolled through the other videos, I found this one from a scene from The Jerk, a quirky 1979 comedy by my favourite comedic actor of all time, Steve Martin and his real life lover of four years (oh, these Hollywood romances!) Bernadette Peters.

I watched the whole show again the other day, and I keep remembering why I regard Steve Martin so highly. Enjoy! More to come on this song soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, just thought I'd let you know that Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters were not married. (Although they certainly were a romantic item circa 1978-1983) He has been married twice-to Victoria Tennant(1986-1994) and now to Anne. Bernadette has been married once, to Michael Wittenberg (1996-2005, ended with his death).

J

Nicole said...

wah someone must have had a dayoff...so free watch youtube??!!

mellowdramatic said...

J - Thanks for the interesting bit of information! I stand corrected! Although I still think Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters make a pretty cute couple!

Nicole - Apa ni? You make it sound like I should work 24 hours a day, with one 15 minute break for toileting, eating and surfing the internet all at once!

Nicole said...

but you seem to be extremely addicted to you tube....is there a syndrome for being too addicted to it?