Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hong Kong: the Last Day

We woke up on the last day at about nine and packed up our belongings. We took one last longing look at the view outside our window:

Ah, sweet pollution and cramped living quarters.

By ten we were out on the streets, and I was (ironically) feeling almost a 100% again. We walked Temple Street for the final time, stopping for one final breakfast of noodles with 'wow, what part of the cow/pig is this?'.

We also walked Lui Yan Kai again, and saw this:

Wow, they rent by the hour, huh! I mean, that's almost three rounds of mahjong.

But our culinary experience was not complete. There was one thing I needed to try while I was here. If I didn't do this, my idea of Hong Kong which I have gleaned from all the years of watching TVB series would have come to nothing. So with a whispered prayer and some persistence, we finally found the goose that laid the golden egg:

And it was quite tasty, too, let me tell you. Siew Ngo phan (roast goose rice) with plum sauce. Tastes like duck but softer and fatter.

We took a cab from the hotel to the train station, and rode the train from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, and a bus from Shenzhen to the airport just in time to catch the plane back to Malaysia.

Planes, trains and goodbyes. The train from Hong Kong to Shenzhen; the view of Hong Kong by night.

All in all, quite a good experience, and I'm sure we've missed a few other sights, but I wouldn't mind coming again, but next time I will remember to check the if a typhoon has decided to holiday here as well first.

And maybe bring a girl.

No comments: